Summer time is when you can feel the sun in it’s full blast everyday. It is the time of the year where everyone love to hit the beach. Weather you choose to go to the beach to mountains it is very important that you protect yourself, protect your skin from getting burned by the sun. Here are some tips on how to prevent from getting sun burn.
- COVER UP
– Wear clothing or outdoor gear specially designed to provide sun protection. Check the label for its ultraviolet protection factor (UPF). The higher the number, the better. Dark colors offer more protection, as do fabrics treated with UV- absorbing chemicals.
– Aside from your skin you also have to protect you head and eyes. Choose sunglasses that provide 100% UV protection, so your eyes are protected from both UVA and UVB rays. Use cap , visor or preferably wide-brimmed hat.
- USE SUNSCREEN FREQUENTLY AND GENEROUSLY
– Use sunscreen with SPF of 15 or higher. If you plan to spend more time under sun exposure I recommend SPF 30 and above. I you have a more sensitive skin SPF 50 and up is highly recommended.
– Choose a sunscreen that has UVA and UVB ray protection . Apply sunscreen generously, and reapply it every two hours — or more often if you’re swimming or perspiring.
- AVOID PEAK HOURS
– If it possible avoid the sun during 10 a.m. and 4 p.m since this is when the UV rays are stronger.
- DRINK A LOT OF WATER
– Keep your skin hydrated.