It has grassy trails with minimal elevation along the way to the summit. During the day trails are very hot because because it is exposed from the sun. Once you get to the summit you can feel the strong cool wind. From the top you will see the wonderful view of Zambales. It is important to wear proper clothes and sun protection to avoid getting your skin burned.
How to get to Mt. Bira-Bira (a.k.a. Mt. Nagsasa)
Take a bus from Manila to Olongapo. Victory Liner has terminal is Pasay, Cubao and Caloocan.
From Olongapo take a jeep going to Subic Municipal Hall.
Take a a tricycle going to Sitio Cawag.
- After toy trek you have different other options where you want to go. To get back to Manila or other destination, just go back to Olongapo where you can take a bus going to your next next destination.
- Before going to any trek or hike make sure to research.
- Wear proper attire and gears (it doesn’t have to be expensive).
- Book your tickets a day before your trip.
- bring at least 4 litters of water or more.
- Leave no trace principle.
- Send your letter of intent to Sitio Cawag officials prior to the climb.
- Please your self physically and mentally prior to your climb.
- Enjoy !